Friday, December 01, 2006

Handbags of Horror!

EXHIBIT D: REANIMATED VILENESS
Here Miu Miu pays homage to Tarman, the star zombie in 1985's Return of the Living Dead. According to a Miu Miu press release, "The company first created this quilted nappa leather bag ($1095) in 1987, then brutally poisoned it, allowing it to decay for decades before reviving it with 2-4-5 Trioxin gas, a proprietary process which accounts for the bag's unique stench and distinctive texture, as well as its compulsion to eat brains." - Dale Hrabi


Is it safe to go back to the mall again? Will your wallet be attacked by a handbag resembling a creature from the black lagoon? Oh no ladies, watch out for that terrifying handbag! Eeeeek! (thanks Lani for the link!)

And now for my own take on the monsterously overpriced and ridiculous handbag trend:



Here are some fun nasty comments on this video:

Evange (7 months ago)
The only thing worse than a tacky nouveau riche handbag, is a self rightgeous nouveau riche wannabe who compensates for their unglamourus financial situation by critiquing others.great video*thumbs up*

goosegui (7 months ago)
I'm so sorry for you . You don't know what it's like to have the real thing . Who ever said money can't buy love has never to Prada .

chloehandbags (6 months ago)
I like high quality items, including bags and try as I might to like cheap, mass produced bags, I find it impossible to do. I also prefer to think of my posessions as having been handmade by artisans in the West; rather than machined on lethal sewing machines, by poor little one-armed Chinese children. I'm a bit funny like that! So I try to buy the best that I can afford.

Yes, now I see!! Spending $1000 on a handbag is really just supporting the arts and thumbing your nose at the exploitation of third world countries! YES! Way to tell 'em! Oh, I do so love being a "self rightgeous nouveau riche wannabe"!

No comments: