Thursday, January 11, 2007

Girlfriend of Mine

"A true friend stabs you in the front."
- Oscar Wilde

My dear friend Suzanne Monroe (office stealer, goodbye party thrower, blog writer, sexy dancer, bestest Offasty-mate a girl could ever have) has written a sweeter than sweet blog post that has left me blushing and verklempt. Aw shucks...

"I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with the roughest courage.
When they are real, they are not glass threads or frost-work,
but the solidest thing we know."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

It has only been a week since I left the Offasty and it is still strange getting used to my own natural sleep patterns (stay up 'till 3am, sleep 'till 11am) and being my own boss once again. But the one part of this change that I find irksome is not having Suzanne a stone's throw away. Granted, we still talk almost every day using the wonders of the internet, cell phones and even meat space (or should I say, yoga space?).

"Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee,
and just as hard to sleep after."

-Anne Morrow Lindbergh

But it just doesn't match up to our Offasty days of tea chats, lunches and jaunts around downtown. Ah well, time marches forward. But thanks for this great post Suzanne and for making my day! It warms my cold, cold heart to be seen through the warm, friendly glow of your eyes - OH CRAP, this blog is turning into a Celine Dion song!

"Friendship is love without his wings"
- Lord Byron

Oh what the fuck, I am Hallmark-syrupy sweet at times, what can I say? And I am also "deeper than the deepest chasm in the ocean," so there! And Super Sexy Suz, I look forward to being your Valentine this year and devouring many blackened sweets with you! YUM!

2 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

i'm missing you in this big offasty window office. it hasn't quite settled in that you're gone. but that's probably because we have spoken every day! in my "getting older" age, i always think that i won't be able to meet people or make new friends, but it's so refreshing to know that it's still possible to find a soulmate out there that speaks right to your heart (ah, hallmark, here we come). so glad i met you. so glad we're going to be each others' sweet hearts on V-day! thanks for linking to me. i'm glad it warmed your heart. yours warms mine too.

xoxo.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway. -- Fr. Jerome Cummings

HAW HAW! I LOVE IT! so true, so true! warts and all!

we are Hallmark and Celine Dion rolled into one! really though, you are right. it is harder to make friends as you get older and harder to open yourself up again to someone new. so i am glad to have met you and glad to have become bosom buddies and glad to have a hot date on V-Day with someone who knows me so well and still likes me (shocking!?)!

"The world would be so lonely, in sunny hours or gray. Without the gift of friendship, to help us every day." - Hilda Brett Farr