Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Man That Got Away

Thanks to Junk Thief of the Immaculate Taste, I have a new obsession and her name is Mina Mazzini. This was already one of my favorite torch songs thanks to Miss Garland in A Star is Born but Mina knocks this ditty outta the park - CHILLS:



We must not forget Miss Judy:



Damn this song just gets better every time I hear it. I used to belt it while walking Sheila in Mountain View Cemetery. I am sure the dead people didn't mind much. They know the score. This shit is classic. SHIVERS.

1 comment:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I won't commit blasphemy by saying Mina outdoes Judy, but her version sure is interesting. She also does a take on "People" ("Gente") around the same time, and it's equally intriguing, like seeing American culture through an alternate lens.

She sings mainly in Italian and a bit of Spanish now and again, but she can do just fine and English. I also really dig her version of "Mack the Knife", very jazzy and sassy.

Hey, I just realized we met about this time last year by mutual love of Patti Smith singing "You Light Up My Life". Seems we're linked by odd covers of top 40 hits!