Monday, February 19, 2007

Sonic Youth Kicked Some Vermont Ass!

What on earth were Sonic Youth doing in Vermont you may ask? Beats me but I think it has something to do with Higher Ground being AWESOME! Oh yeah!

I was up all night vlogging some post-show fan interviews so this has to be brief (yeah, yeah, not my style). Mid-week there will hopefully be a Seven Days-approved Stuck in VT episode about the post-show festivities after the epic Sonic Youth show (cross those fingers).

In the meantime, here are some of my whacked out show pics (oh, to be flashless, ouch). I stood up close to the speakers and felt the vibrating sounds wash over me like Niagra Falls mixed with crack cocaine. It was like being underwater and swimming in an undulating sea of dissonant noise. Delicious and refreshing, Sonic Youth always satisfies.

And what other band asks the audience for book recommendations mid-show? A rock band that reads? They are one of a kind, yes siree.

Thanks Sonic Youth. You made it okay to:
Ask scary hipsters questions on camera.

PS Kim Gordon is my Superhero. Can I grow up to be her? Now?


3 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

you must have been a busy eva this weekend. hardly any new posts at all. my fingers and toes and eyes and legs are crossed, hoping to see you in this wednesday's sevendays. i've been bragging about you to all my beaus and family. they all want to be interviewed by you and are proud of you too! as always, can't wait to get home tonight so i can actually watch and HEAR your vlogs. love to you my dear!

tinycat said...

"all my beaus"... I love Suz!

Eva the Deadbeat said...

awww, i love it that the beaus get bragged to! Cross your fingers that SY approve me using one of their songs in the montage cause otherwise, I am sorta screwed. ah well, i leave it to the gods of copyright!

PS I love Suz too! and thanks for all the crossing! ;)