Sunday, August 12, 2007

No More Ciggies


Yes, it is a minor accomplishment but it has been exactly one week since I quit smoking. The initial bad moods, unexplained anger and feelings of helplessness seem to have abated.

However, I still don't think I can sit next to a smoker without feeling the manic urge to pry the cigarette out of their fingers and suck on it.

I still get into my car thinking, "Oh goodie, time for a smoke break."

And it is still next to impossible for me to hold a drink without a cigarette in my other hand but I am managing - I have to numb the urge with something!

I miss watching old films or foreign films where sexy people are sucking on ciggies.

And most of all, I miss my late night, star gazing smoke breaks. Those were the best times of all. Sigh.

On the plus side, I am saving money that I can apply to old fashioned door knobs and I no longer harbor a filthy habit that embarrassed me to no end. Hip hip horray.

7 comments:

Miss Molly Manglewood said...

I was very careful not to mention cigarettes last night. Yay for one week mark! Keep it up!

Smoking is ugly, inside and out. It makes your skin crepey and grey and your teeth yellow and your lungs brown and full of nasty sputum.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

YES! You have the right words to scare me into not smoking for the rest of my life! GROOOOOOOSSSSSS!

Besides, I think a healthy amount of sparklers could erase smoking from my mind for good.

"Smoking, what the hell is that? Anyway, lemme just hold these 2 sparklers in one hand and continue tempting fate!" I am living ON THE EDGE!

Steven Hazen Williams said...

awesome! good work!

Suzanne Lowell said...

hip hip hooray! you can do it -- you've done it before!

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Yeah. One week is no small accomplishment and hope that it's the beginning of a smoke free life.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

thanks guys! i think i am past the finger chewing stage but i can't seem to stop stuffing my face!

digibudi said...

How strange.. I've been quiting also last two weeks (with one relaps one crazy gin 'n tonic drinking night with the deadbeats here in Belgium).. How very strange.. Coincidence or what?
p.s.: I'm getting over the boyfriend finally! Bit by bit, step by step, and blog by blog.. ;)