Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mirabelle's Sweets for Digibudi


My friend Digibudi (AKA Nikolaas) has a super cool club and I wanna join it! The Club of Universal Lovers (not to be confused with The Club of Universal Losers - I am in that one too). Digibudi loves all things tasty such as Peter Cetera, sexy cupcakes, crafting, doodling, footloosing, fairytales - you name it!

And if Digibudi ever leaves Belgium to visit Burlington, I am gonna take him out to lunch at my favorite B-town lunch spot, Mirabelle's. I just know he would appreciate their towers of sugary treats and breakfast served 'till 2pm as much as I do.

In fact, these pics are making my mouth water a wee bit right now...Mmmm...Suzanne, when is our next two hour Sex and the City lunch break?! I got a hankering for some key lime pie...


Here is an excerpt from the most amazing Digibudi's recent letter (read the entire letter here) to someone named Manuel about LOVE:

For matters of the heart, you've come to the right place, I am a spy in the house of love since many, many years now, that's why the Digital Garden was build for. It is also build on the foundations of love. Universal love and personal love, but I think those two colide.

Maybe we won't be able to know everything about this strange and peculiar emotion during our lifetime, but we can try. And that is an accomplishment in itself. We should be proud.

Each love we find represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. These worlds are a process of becoming, combinations of feelings and emotions we have to go through. Rather then to maintain that feeling, we should try and let it go. This is in my opinion the greatest and most profound form of love. To let go of possesion, to let go of the 'wanting', we are closer, much closer with the object of our affection than ever.


Personal love is a very egocentric emotion, spiritual love, or universal love is a much healthier emotion or feeling. This doesn't mean you can't fall in love with someone and be truly happy together, but this means that when you do find a person you can travel with during your lifetime, it comes with a lot of responsibilities and rules. Universal love is much more free, at least in my opinion.

Many people in a relationship aren't happy. They don't feel fullfilled, because a personal love can't be fullfilling for a very long time.. unless, unless you combine it with the universal love. I think it's much better to start with universal love and than add a personal love to your life, than the other way around. This helps building up the so needed foundation and strenght you'll need to care for eachother. It's a heavy task, and it doesn't come for free. You have to invest in it. Otherwise it dies. Like each feeling, it is born, it lives and it dies. That's nature. And we're part of that.

And, oh yeah, don't forget to dance those blues away. :)
Welcome to the Club of Universal Lovers!



Cupcakes for Nikolaas!

3 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

wow. looking at those picutes, it makes me wonder how i am able to resist those treats everyday that we go in there. i'm down for anytime. think i'm taking a half day friday. might just take the whole day off! we could do a pre-easter brunch then?...

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I was thinking about Vermont today actually! And how beautiful it looks up there.. Really beautiful!
And if you ever feel like going to Europe, you can stay at my place! I'm Flemish so I can show you lots of cool museums.. we're loaded with them.. And.., Paris is just a two hour drive from here. :)
Thanx so much for those amazing cupcakes pictures! Especially the yellow ones with the little pink daisies.. they look so scrumpious.. And thanx for blogging me again! The post package is almost done.. phew! Just need to know what your favorite color is.. I hope it's yellow, but this is just a suggestion :) But all colors are wonderful.. mmmm.. Somewhere over the rainbow.. lalalala..

Eva the Deadbeat said...

Miss Suz - definitely this week! Need Mirabelle's treat!!! (and you are being so very good and strong!)

Nikolaas! Yippeee! I cannot wait! Yellow sounds lovely to me, I am all about colorful so I trust your judgement! Oh goody goody gumdrops! I wish I could mail you some Mirabelle cupcakes but I am afraid they would be a soggy mess by the time they arrived at your door. ;(

Oooh, would love to visit some of your museums! I am long overdue for a trip to Europe to see my family so I am definitely dropping by for a museum tour! i have never ever been to Belgium and would love to see it! oh boy! Can't wait!

PS And your letter to Manuel is just the sweetest by the way!