Monday, April 23, 2007

4 Sunsets, Oh Boy

Ever since Spring HIT Vermont with the force of a semi-truck, inhabitants have been shedding clothes and spending every spare moment of their time out of doors - and I am one of them.

With the exception of a Friday drive to Barre, I have been getting around town on my trusty stead, my Pee Wee Herman knock-off red bicycle. She needed some air in her tires after many long winter months of misuse - I sort of know how she feels - but now she is ready to go.

Between rehearsals, blogger meet-ups, freelancing, vlogging and social engagements, there has not been as much outdoor time as I would like. But I take a moment here and there to soak in the sunshine and the delicious smell of spring.

And as luck would have it, I got to watch the sunset FOUR times this weekend! HELL YEAH! Last night was the best one at Adam and Sara's house on the lake with grilled meat and a lawn that lead right out to the water. Wow, sign me up. And welcome back spring, please never leave us ever, ever again...

4 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

thursday friday saturday and sunday night!? what about the mornings? why aren't you catching the sunrises? glad you had a good sunny weekend. my friend told me that people call us "northerners" "sun camels" because we go without it for so long. i'm soaking up all i can before it leaves us again.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

what is this "sunrise" thing to which you refer...??! Am not sure I have ever seen one being a creature that only ventures out at night... ;)

actually, Sunday at 8am I was riding my bike up Main St and cursing myself for staying out drinking until 4am Sat night (idiot!) but Mirabelle's being open made it all OK. Without that almond croissant, latte and fresh sqeezed OJ, i never would have made it up the hill! oof!

the light is pretty in the AM...wish I saw it more often...

Miss Molly Manglewood said...

I have a red Pee Wee Herman knock-off bike. I mean, it's a curvy red cruising bike - not quite so much flair as Pee Wee's. I call him Marco.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

Ah good, glad to see I am not the only Pee Wee bike riding 'round town. I lock mine up twice, that is how much i love my bike. and to quote the master, "I meant to do that."