Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Office Monkey!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Late Wednesday night, most of our office had already fled the building as it was the day before Thanksgiving. As with most things I dislike, I had put off doing a loathsome invoice mailing all week and could put it off no longer.

Although there is something to be said for mundane, mindless jobs, I have a particular distaste for invoice mailings. Perhaps because I do them so often and it feels like each one brings me just a little bit closer to death's door.

To spice up the proceedings, I made this little video and asked the scintillating question, "Could a monkey do my job?" The verdict is still out. You be the judge.



Have a great Thanksgiving and be thankful that you are NOT a monkey doing invoice mailings!

Now this monkey can pig out and watch DVDs of The Office (check out this ultra dreamy montage of Pam and Jim), she's earned it!

Got no check books, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks - I got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night. - Irving Berlin

6 comments:

Susie said...

A monkey could not do you job. At first I just wrote "A monkey could not use your job," and that's probably true in its own right, too. It is strange how something as arcane and boring as an invoice mailing seems much more interesting when put on film. Forgot about that Madonna song, too...so good. The new postage meter is huge and intimidating. Seems like it should come with a moat or a forcefield made of stamps or something. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Hope it was gut-busting and satiating.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

wha' the hell would a monkey want with my job!? monkeys are smart 'lil cookies, naw, he would be better off climbing a tree or eating a nana. I KNOW. the postage meter scares the crap out of me. i stay away from it generally, did you see the bit where it tried to attack me? seriously, watch it closely. yes, busted gut! happy T day to yoU!

Anonymous said...

what are you? a office manager?

Eva the Deadbeat said...

naw, i am jus a 'lil mouse but i have to hound people for $$ and send out lots of invoices regularly. the monkey in me loves it!

Suzanne Lowell said...

i love it i love it i love it!

Eva the Deadbeat said...

WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING (an invoice mailing that is!)!?!?!? hee hehehehe ;)