Friday, February 15, 2008

Plotnick Strikes Again


Danny Plotnick the 8mm Rock Star has made a new film about 80s and 90s underground subcultures. Makes me feel glad to be old and have a closet full o' mix tapes and boxes of cruddy VHS tapes, sorta:



Here is Danny cleaning his toilet, dusting the living room and making a waffle while talking about why he is so hella awesome, cause all he cares about is the STORY man, I love it:



His compilation DVD, Warts and All just came out at Microcinema. You would have to be a loser not to buy it. Even better, you can rent it on Netflix starting on Feb 26th. Oh boy!

Watch it, love him, want to be him, dream that he lets you touch his hair.

3 comments:

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Thanks for the intro to Danny, Eva. He sounds like my kinda guy. He's sort of a junk thief of his own sorts, dontcha think? I see he hangs with the singer Chuck Prophet whose music I love.

By the way, have you ever seen "So Wrong They're Right: Eight Track Nation" about 8-track loving nerds and their whole subculture of pre-digital, pre-internet, pre-everything culture? It has a real Deadbeat vibe.

Miss Molly Manglewood said...

When I added Warts and All to my queue just now, the Netflix software made this horrifying allegation about Danny Plotnik fans:
"Enjoyed By Members Who Enjoyed
Blades of Glory
Hot Fuzz
D.E.B.S.
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star"

I liked Hot Fuzz. Now I'm having some serious identity questions. I like the story arch in the second video... he works hard at manual labor and is then rewarded with a fancy Belgian treat of his own creation. Happy endings fuckin' rock. But what do the sock monkeys represent?

Eva the Deadbeat said...

Gregg, you two have a lot in common, I can see you walking off into a junk collecting heaven sunset together! Ooh, thanks for the movie recommendation, I will add it to my queue pronto.

Oh MOlly, the sock monkeys have some deep psychological meaning but I hate to speak for Mr Plotnick on that point. I am sure he could elaborate for hours whilst polishing the silver...

i have to admit, I laughed very hard during Blades of Glory - I am just such a figure skating fan.