Thursday, September 06, 2007

Holes


Holes can be a good thing, when they lead to something tasty like a donut or another dimension or maybe down to Wonderland. But numerous new holes in your walls, well, that is not so good.

Right now my new house is barfing out her innards. John and Corey are cutting through her ancient plaster, funky wood beams and messy insulation to pull out her precious wiring and prepare her for my fancy computers. Oh, the violation!

By the end of the week, my darling house will no longer have the dreaded "nob and tube" wiring and I will be able to plug in all my fancy hardware to my nerdy hearts content. But will my house forgive me for all these nasty holes? Even once they are plastered over and I lovingly apply a new layer of paint?

This is going to take a lot of sweet talk.

In other news, there are mysterious new holes in my backyard. After consulting with my neighbor, we have decided that a family of mice has moved in underneath the new soil. How do we know? His cat has been lurking around my yard and bringing dead baby mice presents to him every morning. Eeek!

3 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

she will forgive you. are you kidding? i'm sure she's thanking you for the nips and tucks you're providing.

mice are good. better than rats. ella's a german ratter by nature. wanna me to bringa her over?

when do we start painting. unfortunately, that's the only thing i'm really good at. oh, i can hang pictures too.

xoxo.

tinycat said...

Tabitha is also a mouser extraordiaire. And I'm a painter extraordinaire! (Who needs the sexy, sultry SpielPalast chickies when your fave Flynnie gal-pals are so ready to lend a paint-splattered hand?)

Eva the Deadbeat said...

Oh boy! With the aid of Flynnie gal pals, Ella and Tabitha, this old house will be good as new in no time - how did I get so lucky!?

There are soooo many holes,it boggles the mind. Maybe I will start buying a lot of decorative plates and cover up the holes that way??