Monday, November 26, 2007

I Iz Tankful

We wants turkee.

There is a lot to be grateful for this year:

Sachie introduced me to the cute-as-hell I Can Has Cheezburger blog - thus improving my life tenfold.

No more moanin.

Today at the dog park we met a pretty pit bull, a snow white husky and a fast weimaraner who tired Lucy out - now she sleeps peacefully so mom can edit and pay off the mortgage slowly.

I bought a house this year - I have dreamt of this since I was small.
U Give Us Gravee. NOW.

The steaming cup of tea that I spilled all over my desk did not get as far as my three powers strips - I think tea is good for hardwood floors, no?

Emer told me that she wants her super cool daughter to hang out with strong female role models and she meant ME!?!?

I went skinny dipping in the lake at Thanksgiving with Molly - ok, we only went up to our knees but STILL!

A morose cross-dressing frog named Marcel sauntered into my life.PSSST Mutinee when I hiss

I got to meet Goma face to face so as to maul him better.

The tranny, green-haired psychic lady at the Russian tea room in SF was RIGHT!? I did find my dream job by my 30s and I work with people I like and respect. And here I thought she was just yanking my chain!?!? Thank you astute chakra reader!

I made my first meal in my kitchen tonight, 4 months after I moved in - SHUT UP! It involved garlic, caramelized onions and Paul Newman - I love that man.


The ad I was worried about got approved!!!

My mom is alive at 73 years old. My 1st step mother died at 55 last year. I am so lucky to live near my mom. She had better live forever.

It snowed last week. Lucy was enchanted. Crawford was bemused.

Crawford's purr is just about the best thing you have ever heard in your life and I get to hear it every day.

My new heating system works! My new favorite spot is in the kitchen on top of the radiator. Mmmmm, radiator butt!

I have the best family and friends a girl could ask for.

U Iz Not Invited.
Thanksgiving 2006 was hard. My life was a gnarled pattern of dead ends and my confidence sank down deep to the bottom of the toilet. I didn't know how to pull myself out of that pit. I wasn't sure if I could.

And this year, I have SO MUCH to be thankful for. In your darkest ebb, there hides a subtle flow. Patience grasshopper.
take pictur, last longer

6 comments:

Jeff said...

things are looking up! happy thanksgiving, belatedly.

Miss Molly Manglewood said...

Happy Thanksgiving Eva!

Salty Miss Jill said...

What (another) wonderful post!
I love your optimism and voie de vivre. I'd want you to be a role model for a kid, too! Have you ever thought about Big Brothers/Big Sisters? You'd be fantastic...

Suzanne Lowell said...

i am so thankful for you in my life. can't wait to see you!

Tanner M. said...

So glad you're having a great year :D

Eva the Deadbeat said...

You iz nice blog readerz and we tank yew!