Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sleep is for the Birds


That's right, you heard me, only wimps and charlatans need sleep! After all, how would we get anything done if we widdled away our hours sleeping? No, forget what I just said, I am sleep deprived and talking nonsense. Staying up until 6am to try and finish the new episode of my cable access show is a little bit...hmmm, what is the precise word I am looking for here...CRAZY, MAD, OCD, UTTERLY and completely INSANE...or perhaps it is a wee bit...GENIUS? Moahaw haw...insert evil laughter here. No really, ignore me, I am babbling.

This madness is pretty standard when I am racing toward the finish line as I do at the end of every month when I am trying to get this thing to air on time. Why you might ask? Good question. I know no one is waiting for it. I do it because if I don't get it in on time, I am worried I will NEVER finish it. It will get shelved and I will find a million reasons why it is not good enough. That is the glory of a deadline, it forces you to finish something even if you hate it. And eventually, I am glad for this. The hate fades and I usually end up enjoying my evil spawn. But not tonight, oh no, not yet.

Hopefully the May episode (#25) will be up by Friday night but who knows. What with my sleep deprivation and the fact that I am at that stage where I hate the sight of the damn thing, I may or may not be able to nail this one down by Friday. But never fear, I will die trying. In the meantime, here are some stills from the new installment of Offasty (Dynasty + The Office = The Offasty). Someone will be leaving The Offasty for good, who could it be? And will they die for good or make a reappearance in the future? And what if not one but TWO of your favorite office gals meets with an untimely demise? Will The Offasty survive the devastation? Who knows what blood bath shall ensue...tune in to find out more...also, there will be some more ice skating, fun with no teeth, tales of youtube woes, a garden tour with 72 yr old mom and a birthday montage for Mom, Margot and Pop! Tune in to see the madness!

4 comments:

Suzanne Lowell said...

hooray for deadlines and the deadbeat club! can't wait to see it!

Eva the Deadbeat said...

thanks suzanne monroe! and you will be prominently featured in all your Offasty glory - at least i know that part will be good!

Tanner M. said...

it's gonna be a good one, i can feel it!

Eva the Deadbeat said...

thanks fer the support babe! your Spidey sense is usually trustworthy so here is hoping...and sometimes when things suck it is good so...we shall see...