Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sheep Shearing School [124]

4/11/09: Once a year, professional sheep shearers gather at Shelburne Farms to teach shearer wannabes the tricks of the trade.  With 40 sheep being shorn by novices and pros alike, it is an exciting day around the barnyard and a symphony of bleats ensues from the 80 gamboling lambs and their parents.

The song in the end credits is an Australian folk song:

Ryebuck Shearer

Chorus
If I dont shear a tally before I go
My shears and stone in the river I'll throw
And I'll never open Sawbees or take another blow
And prove I'm a ryebuck shearer

Featuring:

http://www.shelburnefarms.org/

 Location: Shelburne Farms, The Farm Barn, Shelburne VT


1 comment:

Parisa said...

I love sheep. But I especially love Shelburne farms - probably because I was given the grand tour by Eva...
xo p