Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SY Incinerate


Still can't post the Sonic Youth vlog until their manager clears the song (or not - fingers tightly squeezed) but in the meantime, you can check out the killer pics JDK took of fans and their SY messages here.

The poster was beautifully designed and the fan's hand-written messages run the emotional roller coaster range from heartbreaking to silly. You might even see some folks you recognize.

Gotta love interactive poster art after a killer show that I am still soaking in (or maybe that is the sleep deprivation?). I think the brown poster is my favorite and I am still kicking myself for not grabbing one. IDIOT! Damn my single-purpose, video-shooting obsessed mind!

Here is Sonic Youth playing live at Bonnaroo in 2006. I am still amazed that they came to our little state and so glad to have been standing next to an amp and riding their wave of sound. I think it is time for another swim:

4 comments:

jay said...

I have a brown poster that has not been written on yet....are you green with envy :)

Eva the Deadbeat said...

lucky bastard! i am green/brown with envy! ;) what are you going to write on yours? or will it remain virginal?

jay said...

It will probably remain virginal...I think the folks at the Smithsonian will prefer it that way :)

Eva the Deadbeat said...

haw! that they will! on that note, i think Kim Gordon's silver lame dress needs to live in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - her silver Mary Janes too!