Friday, February 02, 2007

Sarah Silverman is My Hero


Jesus Christ, I love this woman. Now I have three hot dates for my post-yoga Thursday nights when I am too tired and sweaty to do much more than eat and watch the boob tube: Tina Fey, Michael Scott and Sarah Silverman.

Zoinks! Thanks TV gods! I guess I will give the YouTube a break and mute your advertisements while clacking away on my laptop and waiting for my next TV loser/hottie to show up and make me laugh.

Sarah Silverman has made a TV show and it is all about what a stunted loser she is. How can you not love that? She lives with her sister (gee, I wonder why that appeals to me?) who happens to be played charmingly by, her sister. Awww...
Sarah is rude, rash and says/sings what is on her mind without second guessing herself. She is arrogant, smelly, annoying, a pain in the ass, selfish, racist, a shitty driver and I think I love her! She sings when she pleases, insults people randomly and taps into her inner child with a jackhammer. Seriously, this woman is my new hero.

American TV is slowly becoming infected with alternative lifestyles and non-nuclear families such as the brothers living together in 2.5 Men and the bro + sister + kid making up a modern family in The New Christine. It is nice to know that my odd family is not the only bunch of deadbeats/weirdos out there.

Apparently, the old familiar paradigm of mommy, daddy, baby and a drinking habit is getting a make-over. It is about fucking time. Does that mean I feel like less of a freak? Hell no! But freaks love company! And Sarah is a great neighbor.

We love you Sarah! Never stop singing your dirty, irreverent songs for us!



To Sarah and her sister: "It is kinda cool that you two have a standing date together every week. Most girls your age would have moved on by now and had relationships and kids."

Says sassy Sarah, "Oh no, cookie party IS our relationships and kids!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched Sarah Silverman's show last night and thought it was was phenomenal. OK, there were a lot of ka-ka jokes. But the humor was fresh, new, twisted. The writing was really fabulous.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

Yes, she seems to be all about the doody (like a stunted adult should be I suppose) but it is so nice to watch something refreshing and unusual on American TV. I hope she sticks around. I wanna see where she is gonna go with this one.

Tina Fey's show is pretty damn funny too. Her and Alec Baldwin on a date last night? And Isabella Rossellini kicking the shit out of Tina. Oh yeah, good TV.

tinycat said...

I've loves SS for years. Thank god there's someone like her out there unafraid to take the moral low-ground.

Eva the Deadbeat said...

hells yeah! sassy-n-crassy in 2007 all the fucking SS way!